Automotive Diesel Specialist
The Automotive Diesel Specialist inspects, maintains and repairs automobiles that run on diesel. Responsibilities will include diagnosing complex problems, planning and executing vehicle repairs and modifications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with the supervisor.
- Test to ensure systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools like pneumatic wrenches to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Use machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Use common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair, modify, fabricate and/or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to the manufacturer’s performance specifications.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with the supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace the unit.
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools.
- Test and adjust units to specifications for improved performance.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- Must utilize provided products for use in vehicles to protect vehicle interiors from dirt, oils and grime etc.
- ALL work orders MUST have ALL parts and ALL time worked per work order and MUST BE recorded accurately, immediately, and legibly as per instructed procedures.
- All customers will be acknowledged and spoken to politely, shown courtesy and assisted.
- A seat cover must be used for every vehicle you are entering.
- A customer’s vehicle must be left in good or better condition than it arrived ie: if your boots are wet, do not leave wet muddy floors in the vehicle. Make sure to wipe the steering wheel after use if your hands have left dirt and/or oil behind.
- Wipe down all areas that you may have touched; steering wheel, dash, seat, seat adjuster, mirrors etc. This is a courtesy and shows professionalism!
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Automotive service technician trade certification.
- 5 years of direct work experience in automotive diesel repairs and service.
- Extensive knowledge of different upgrades and modifications for diesel engines.
- Professional demeanour.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions.
- Able to effectively communicate automotive issues clearly.
- Able to work independently, managing time and workflow.
- Must wear steel toe work boots, and supplied safety equipment: hearing protection, glasses
- Willing to work in Sexsmith, Alberta
- Manual dexterity is required to complete repairs.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to rust and other substances.
- Exposure to loud noise and minimal fumes
- Requires working on various types and heights of creepers
Supreme Diesel started on a mission to serve others with our talent in mechanical repairs with the utmost integrity, quality and desire to assist the customer. These are the key values that run through Supreme Diesel. We fix what needs fixing, produce high-quality results, and we charge our customers fairly. Supreme Diesel’s success is our teamwork. We focus on functioning as a highly-efficient team that works well together to achieve our purpose; help our fellow man out of a tough spot by doing what we do best and providing the best, professional service we can be proud of. Our reward is found in being recognized as a team of good character, knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the diesel industry and a trustworthy company. We value our customers and aim to make them clients. Each day, each vehicle brought to Supreme Diesel is part of this mission, and each team member’s input and strengths will empower our business’ longevity, team pride and the means to care for each of us and our families and others by giving back to our community.
We prioritize the development of an efficient team at Supreme Diesel, and we find that the most efficient and effective teams run on key elements of respect for each other, respect for the processes and quick adaptability and conscientiousness. We believe that respecting and understanding one another can build chemistry in the workplace that drives our collective motivation. The better we function together, the more we are rewarded with satisfaction and pride for each achievement. These key elements are what bring in new, valuable team members. Our new members bring their unique abilities, positive attitude, and knowledge to enhance the team while learning new skills and perfecting them. At Supreme Diesel, we value every team member and enjoy good team-working relationships and happy clients, to make our day and time at work satisfying.